1. Who can participate in Value of Sport?
Any 4th grade student enrolled in a participating Manchester Elementary School that we are currently engaged with.
Our initial plan is to launch at McDonough Elementary School in the early Spring and then shortly thereafter expand to Bakersville, Northwest Elementary and Parker Varney.
2. Is there a cost to participate in Value of Sport?
There will no charge for any student’s access to the goal setting and Life Coaching portion of the program. Access to local Sports and Art Programs will be provided free of charge to students who lack adequate funding to participate.
3. What hours will Value of Sport be offered?
Value of Sport will begin right after the school day ends and run for approximately 2 – 2 1/2 hours. We also envision a summer component to which the details will be provided shortly.
4. What programs will Value of Sport provide access to?
We will provide access to 18 different Sport Programs as well as Art, Dance, Music and Theatre. Please refer to the Sport Coordinators and Arts Coordinators drop down under About Us for more details.
5. What will the students need to commit to Value of Sport in order to participate?
The student must make 3 commitments to us:
- They will work to define and document their goals
- Agree to work with their Life Coach in order to stay on track to realize their Goals
- Participate in at least 1 of our Programs on an annual basis
6. Who will be the Life Coaches for Value of Sport?
Initially they will be comprised of Manchester Police Officers and Firefighters.